- Park close to destination, well lit if possible
- Avoid parking around blind corner on the sides of businesses.
- Lock car immediately when entering or exiting
- Watch big vehicles blocking yours, this will hide an attack.
- Move fast, keep your head up and carry yourself with confidence.
- You are most vulnerable going in/out of the car.
Cell phone use i.e. calls & texts
Applying make up
- Be extra aware if loading a child or groceries,
- Realize what you look like, are you a soft target?
- Avoid pulling notes off windshields; move car to a new location.
- If you are summoned by a stranger, do not get out or roll down the window, rather drive off.
- Know and understand the anti-abduction techniques taught in the COBRA Self-Defense System.
- Use vehicles and shopping carts as obstacles in the event you are approached.
- When in doubt, walk out with someone.
- Vehicles with occupants that have not moved that are sitting close to you should be avoided.
- Use any and all objects as weapons.