When you think of self-defense, what image(s) comes to mind? Flying kicks, pajama like uniforms, the padded octagon, guns, other weapons? Would it shock you to learn that although the aforementioned offer valuable training benefits, they have little or nothing to do with self-defense? Self-defense education must include awareness, having a plan, and physical skill sets including verbal skills to survive a life threatening encounter. When it comes to reality based self-defense training, C.O.B.R.A. Defense is the industry leader.
Here are five factors that make C.O.B.R.A. Defense your premiere choice for self-defense training:
1. C. O.B.R.A. Training is Law Enforcement Based: When considering who youâ€™re going to trust with your self-defense education, it is important to consider where the training comes from. Ask what experience they have in dealing with murderers, rapists, home invasions, active shooter incidents, abductions, in other words, if the training doesnâ€™t come from the trenches of real world crime, how is that going to help you?
2. C.O.B.R.A. Training is Cognitive, not just physical: What is the â€œformulaâ€ criminals use to target you? Why do they target you and what makes you a â€œsoft targetâ€? What are the pre-attack indicators that reveal a criminal is about to engage you physically? What do you do when someone is pointing a gun to your head demanding â€œyou get in the van now!â€? Your training must readily provide the answers to these questions.
3. C.O.B.R.A. Training is Reality Based: C.O.B.R.A. Live scenario training â€œtricksâ€ the brain into thinking youâ€™re in an actual situation, yet youâ€™re actually in a safe environment. This trains you to be effective under stress.
4. C.O.B.R.A. Training Makes You Effective Under Stress: The stress of a physical altercation creates an adrenaline response that interferes with physical coordination (including drawing a weapon) and quick decision making. Your self-defense training must make you effective under these circumstances.
5. C.O.B.R.A. Training is Structured: Whether itâ€™s the C.O.B.R.A. 10 Week Self Defense Academy, a 1-Day Survival Camp, or the C.O.B.R.A. Active Shooter Response Plan, curriculums are structured step by step so everyone regardless of experience can learn progressively and be effective in real time.